Gynaecologists for North lakes and Brisbane Surrounds
Specialist health care professionals caring for our community
Book your appointment
Closed By Default
Click here for referrals
Referrals from General Practitioners can be faxed to 3886 3879 or via Medical Objects
Our Specialist Gynaecologists
Dr Lata Sharma
Dr Sharma has over 25 years of experience in Obstetrics & Gynecology having workedin district and in tertiary hospitals, both overseas and in Australia. Dr Sharma obtained her FRANZCOG in 2000. In addition to being a full time clinician Dr Sharma has been actively involved in teaching & training IMG’s, GP Diploma Obstetrics Trainees, RANZCOG Specialist Trainees.
- RANZCOG certified Colposcopist.
- Certified in Family Planning & Sexual Health by Council of Family Planning Australia
- Diplomat in Occupational Health & Saftey by Institute of Occupatinal Health, Adelaide
- Board of Examiners of AMC and RANZCOG
- Justice of the Peace, Queensland
Areas of Special Interest:
- Management of Menstrual Disorders
- Management of Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Management of Abnormal Pap Smears
- Management of Urinary Incontinence
- Management of Infertility
- Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic Surgery
- General Gynecological Surgery
Member of Professional Organizations:
- Royal Australian &New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (RANZCOG)
- American College of Laparoscopic Surgeons (AAGL)
- Fertility Society Australia
What is a Specialist Gynaecologists?
A gynaecologist is a specialist practicing in the health of the female reproductive system: the vagina, uterus and ovaries. The name comes from the Greek and means the ‘science of women’.
Almost every modern gynaecologist is also an obstetrician, meaning that for many women, establishing a medical relationship with a trusted gynaecologist will also ensure that they will be available when the woman decides to give birth and be able to monitor the woman throughout the gestation period as well as deliver the infant.
Gynaecologists these day are usually also trained in surgery. This means that they may employ either medical or surgical means to treat a specific gynaecological problem. Surgery is the main practice of modern gynaecological therapy.
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG)
RANZCOG is affiliated with the Australian Government Department of Health and is the regulatory body for gynaecologists and obstetricians in Australia. They conduct training programmes and accreditation services.
Their mission is to provide the most up to date and modern training in gynaecological and obstetric services in Australia and ensure the health and well-being of all Australian women. They also provide health services to Australian women directly.